Steps To File A Car Accident Case In L.A. Superior Court
Were you in a car accident in Los Angeles and you want to file a lawsuit in the Los Angeles Superior Court (LASC)? Here are some steps you can take:
- Determine Whether You Have a Legal Claim. You may have a legal claim if you were injured in the car accident and someone else was at fault. To determine whether you have a claim, you may want to consult with an attorney. He can evaluate the specific facts of your case.
- Gather Evidence.It is important to gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. This may include police reports, medical records, witness statements, photographs of the accident scene. Also, any other documentation that is relevant to your case will help.
- File a Complaint. To file a lawsuit in the LASC, you will need to complete a complaint form and pay the required filing fees. The complaint should include information about the parties involved in the accident, the circumstances of the accident, and the injuries or damages you sustained.
- Serve The Defendant. After you file the complaint, you will need to serve the defendant with a copy of the complaint and a summons. This will typically involve hiring a process server to deliver the documents to the defendant.
- Attend Any Required Court Hearings. If your case goes to trial, you will need to attend any required court hearings and follow the court’s rules and procedures.
Speak With An Experienced Attorney To File A Car Accident Case In Los Angeles Superior Court
We hope this information is helpful. If you have any specific questions about your case or the legal process, we recommend speaking with an attorney. Call The Sterling Firm to speak with an experienced lawyer or book your FREE injury case consultation now! Call or text 310-498-2750
24/7 SERVICE. CALL OR TEXT 310.498.2750
TOP RATED LAWYER
Justin Sterling, Esq. is a leading civil litigator and business lawyer. Mr. Sterling is the founder of The Sterling Firm, a top-rated law firm with its original headquarters in Los Angeles, California. The Sterling Firm has a client base that stretches not only across the nation but also around the globe. We offer experienced and driven legal counsel for your matter. The Sterling Firm handles business law, both transactional and litigation.