Slip and Fall Lawyer
It is important to work with a California slip and fall lawyer because a trip or slip and fall accident can result in serious personal injuries, including fractures and broken bones, soft tissue injury, trauma brain injury, and many other serious injuries. The slip and fall lawyers at The Sterling Firm can help you fight for the maximum compensation you are entitled so that you can pay all your medical bills, recover any lost income, and receive monetary compensation for all the harms, losses, and damages you have suffered.
Common Types of Slip and Fall Cases
Slip and fall accidents are common accidents. A spilled beverage or small puddle can cause serious injuries.
The Sterling Firm will aggressively pursue legal representation to get you money compensation in the following types of cases:
- Indoor slip and fall injuries;
- Outdoor slip and fall injuries;
- Slips and falls in supermarkets;
- Slips and falls on sidewalks and walkways;
- Slips and falls in hotels and apartment complexes;
- Slips and falls caused by weather conditions like rain, snow, or sleet;
- Slips and falls due to defective lighting or handrails; and
- Many others.
Slip and fall cases can arise in any type of situation, anywhere, and at anytime. There is no clear definition of what is a slip and fall case. It is important to work with California slip and fall lawyer who will aggressively fight for your rights. The premises liability lawyers at The Sterling Firm will investigate your case and identify all liable parties.
We will immediately gather evidence of liability before it is destroyed. Evidence may include:
- Surveillance video footage of the fall;
- Witness statements and testimony;
- Expert witness reports;
- Records of prior similar occurrences of slips and falls on the property;
- Photos of the dangerous condition;
- Maintenance reports and records; and
- Incident and police reports.
What Damages Are Recoverable In A Slip And Fall Case In California?
Each case is determined by its own facts. The Sterling Firm will obtain and evaluate all medical records, accident-related bills and out-of-pocket expenses, and any other compelling evidence to maximize the amount of damages you may be able to recover. In California, personal injury victims can recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Economic Damages: Past and future medical expenses, lost income and wages, loss of future earning capacity.
- Non-Economic Damages: Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment from life, loss of consortium for the loss of the companionship and support is a loved one, and disability and disfigurement.
- Punitive Damages: Also known as “exemplary” damages, to punish the defendant for egregious behavior constituting malice, fraud, or oppression.
The value of each personal injury case dependent on the nature and extent of the injuries, the amount of lost income and wages, whether the injured victim can return to work, the impact the injuries have on the injured victim’s life and personal relationships, and many other factors. A California slip and fall lawyer at The Sterling Firm will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible.
What To Do If I Was Injured In A Slip and Fall Accident?
There are several important steps you should take after your fall to strengthen your case. Those include:
- Write in detail the facts and what happened – make a personal record of the facts including if the ground was wet, the lighting conditions were poor, the weather conditions were dangerous, etc.;
- Take time-stamped photos of the scene of the incident before the property owner changes the hazardous condition;
- Report the incident to the police, the property owner or manager, and always request a copy of the report;
- Keep the shoes and the clothes that you were wearing in case the responsible party argues that your footwear contributed to the fall;
- Get the contact information of any witnesses;
- Go to the emergency room, a hospital, an urgent care facility, or your personal physician immediately to get medical attention; and
- Contact an experienced California slip and fall lawyer to know your legal rights.
A California Slip And Fall Lawyer At The Sterling Firm Can Help You – Call Now!
If you or someone you love was injured in a slip and fall accident, contact The Sterling Firm.
The Sterling Firm is experienced handling complex negotiations with insurance companies and litigating slip and fall cases so you obtain the maximum compensation. Call The Sterling Firm for a free initial consultation with a California slip and fall lawyer.